Building a storage barn that is structurally safe and that enhances the overall looks of your property is not as easy as some build it yourself books make it sound. Building your own shed will require some advanced carpentry skills.
According to the Craftsman National Building Cost Estimator program, the pricing on a custom-built 10x12 storage structure would be around $2745, or $22.85 per square foot. This fee schedule assumes that carpenters receive $70 per hour and electricians demand $65 to $85 per hour.
These costs will cover:
- Floor, walls and roofing - these would be constructed of "good" quality lumber. There would also be high-quality rafters, galvanized bolts, joist hangers and angle brackets used in the construction and the roof would be a medium pitch of 6/12 with corrugated PVC roofing. The walls and roofing would cost roughly $930, and the roofing would run at $12 to $15 per 24"x16' length or panel for a total cost of $108. This is strictly the material requirements and does not include labor expenses.
- Electrical and carpentry to code - many areas have building or planning regulations around storage sheds, and this means that the owner hoping to use the space as a workshop is going to have to ensure that wiring and construction are up to local building codes. The work done by such licensed professionals might be priced on a "per item" basis, or they might simply base costs on the square footage.
- Barn door and hardware - the hardware set should cost $290 and take around six hours to install. This price does not include the one or two sheets of plywood or T-111 used to build doors;
- Construction of a work bench;
- Installation of storage loft using overhead space in rafters.
However at Leland’s Barn’s you can save yourself the hassle, the risk of going over budget, a lot of time and not to mention saving a lot money with one simple phone call or going on line and ordering the same size building. The 10x12 Wooden Utility shed comes with a new siding called LP Smart Panel stained a natural wood stain that will look like new and last many years even in the toughest Texan weather all for ONLY $2,579 or a cheap monthly payment of ONLY $144!